ICY BOX 2 bay RAID enclosure for 3.5" HDD
The use of two drives as a RAID array is popular and well spread thanks to many advantages.But taking advantage of this feature is not often possible due to the fact that not every motherboard is equipped with a RAID controller and laptops usually fall per-se outside the scope of possibilities. That is where the ICY BOX IB-RD3621U3 comes to help and converts two 3.5" SATA hard disks effectively to a high-performance RAID array. The exchange of HDDs is made easy thanks to EasySwap.
The given choices are Single, RAID 0, LARGE and RAID 1. So either a higher speed data transmission, data mirroring for more reliability, a detection of the HDDs as individual drives or both HDDs are displayed as one huge drive. RAID 0 is particularly interesting fuelled by modern USB 3.0 port - here the transfer rates reach up to 5 GBit/s.
The RAID enclosure helps your hard disks have a longer life span due to the lower operating temperatures because of the 6cm fan, actively ensuring enough cool air.
- External RAID system for 2x 3.5" SATA I/II/III SSD/HDD
- USB 3.0 Host Interface up 5 GBit/s with UASP
- HDD capacity unlimited
- Supported RAID level: RAID 0, 1, SINGLE, LARGE
- Supports SATA III up to 6 GBit/s
- Power Sync - goes to sleep mode as in host configured
- Silent operation - low noise 60x60x11mm fan
- Plug & Play and HotSwap
- LED for Power, HDD in use, access and error
- Windows >7, MAC OS X >10.5
- Approvals: FC, CE, ROHS,
- Material: Plastic
- Warranty: 2 Year Limited Warranty